Files Compare is a visual tool for files and directories comparison. It helps you to compare and merge different versions of the same textual file. A color-coded side-by-side comparison makes it easy to understand differences between two files at a glance, powerful editing engine helps you to merge found changes and edit text directly. Files Compare has a number of simple and convenient features that many users have been expecting for a long time from a comparison program.
The main features of Files Compare Tool are:
- Displaying files side-by-side;
- Colored differences sections to simplify analyzing;
- Move changes between files with single mouse click or keystroke;
- Easy navigation through the differences;
- Ability to edit files directly in comparison window;
- Allowing to ignore blanks, case and whitespace;
- Regular expressions support;
- Customizable fonts and colors;
- Adjustable pane splitter and synchronized scrolling;
- Editor with undo/redo, search and bookmarks;
- Include/exclude files and directories filters;
- Copying and deleting files directly;
- Drag and drop support for dropping one or two files or directories for comparison;
- Macros on VBScript and JScript;
- Export comparison results to HTML;
- Differences panel
Files Compare Tool is a free software application from the File & Disk Management subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2005-10-24. The program can be installed on Windows.
Files Compare Tool (version 2.7) has a file size of 4.56 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 448 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.